Firpress is looking for a hard-working individual to join our busy print finishing department.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
• Operation of print finishing machinery including: guillotine, booklet making, machine folding, industrial lamination and other pieces of automated machinery
• Sign making on a variety of medium including: vinyl, dibond, correx & foamex
• Finishing of pvc banners and pop up display systems
• Hand work to finish and package our printed products
• Preparation of pallets or boxes for courier despatch
• Monitor stock levels
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
• Be methodical and well-organised
• Have excellent mechanical and problem-solving skills
• Work to a high degree of accuracy, even when working to a deadline
• Pay close attention to detail
• Have good communication skills
• Be able to follow instructions closely to achieve the right result
• Have a calm manner and work well under pressure
• Be a good team player
• Experience preferred, not essential as full training will be given
• Full Driving Licence required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download an application pack by clicking HERE.
Application forms should be returned by Sunday 30th September 2018.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Graphic Designer (Full Time)
Due to the continuing expansion of our Graphic Design department, we are looking for a talented designer to become an integral part of our ‘Firpress’ team!
Firpress Printers are the only quality assured printer in West Cumbria, providing quality print & design services for over 30 years.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion and a creative flair for design, be able to use their own initiative and work effectively alongside our existing team.
Your projects will include: corporate branding, posters, brochures, business stationery, menus, leaflets, banners, exhibition displays, multi page documents, signage & much more!
• BA Hons in Graphic Design desired (minimum qualification HND in Graphic Design)
• Working experience of the Adobe CC including Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
• A passion for design.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills as you will be dealing directly with customers.
• Good organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to think outside of the box!
37.5 hours per week. Salary dependent on qualifications & experience
Please email your CV & recent work examples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th September 2018 with view to an immediate start
Cut vinyl signage being prepared in our design studio this morning! Yellow corex shown here with black cut vinyl lettering.
A cost effective signage solution, perfect for exhibitions & events. Cut vinyl can be applied to a wide variety of materials. The vinyl is also available in a range of colours.
If you’d like a price for this service, give us a call on 01900 68141.
CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!
We are looking for a selection of stunning photographs to feature within our 2019 Charity Calendar. This year, our theme is ‘West Cumbria’. We are looking for 13 eye-catching images highlighting the beauty of West Cumbria.
All profits from the sales of the calendar will be split between 2 local charities, Hospice at Home West Cumbria & West Cumbria Carers. Our calendars are used by businesses & individuals throughout Cumbria, so it is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your skills & gain an extra bit of recognition.
To enter, please email your photograph(s) to email@example.com.
Winning photographers will have their image featured in our 2019 Charity Calendar. They will also receive 5 printed copies of the calendar plus a mounted A3 or A2 photographic print of their winning entry.
Terms & Conditions
- Closing date for entries – Tuesday 31st July 2018.
- Entries must be landscape in format and submitted at high resolution (ideally 300dpi).
- Please include your full name, contact details and also the location where the photograph was taken.
- Please note that all photos submitted must be your own work. It is the photographers responsibility to ensure that the images were taken with the permission of the subject and that they do not infringe on any copyright laws.
- There will be 13 winners (the cover photo and one for each month of the calendar). Each will receive 5 printed copies of the calendar plus a photographic print of their winning photo, printed at A3 or A2 size & mounted onto foamcore.
- The decision of our judges is final.
A sneak peek of a vinyl banner in production this morning for St James C of E Infant School in our digital production suite. Cut to size & ready to eyelet.
A fresh look for the logo too, Dave worked his magic on this to give it an updated & modern feel.
A modern & stylish invitation set for Jill & Stuart. Elegant typography combined with gold tones, printed onto card stock with a subtle shimmer. Perfect!
Photo courtesy of Georgina Harrison Photography
Striking vinyl banner design for Northern Rail to promote new rail services. Perfect for any location, our banners are strong & weather resistant. High quality full colour printing ensures your banner will stand out from the crowd
Got an upcoming hen party? Why not surprise the Bride to Be with a Kiss the Miss board! The perfect addition to any hen party. All the hens kiss the board & leave a little note for the Bride to Be. It can then be popped into a frame as a keepsake.
Our Kiss the Miss boards are A3 in size, printed & mounted onto lightweight foamcore with a strut card behind, allowing the board to be freestanding. Prices start from £20 + VAT or you can upgrade to a foiled board from £25 + VAT.
This gorgeous example was for Christie’s Hen Party, using Rose Gold Foil.
Photo courtesy of Beth Faulder Photography
Firpress were proud to sponsor a team at the Help for Heroes Golf Event at Workington Golf Club at the weekend.
We provided custom polo shirts for the big event and they even took along one of our PVC banners for a day out at the Golf course! The team came fourth, congratulations guys – nice work!
Correx boards to advertise & promote a local business venture selling genuine vintage magazine advertisements.
Ideal for all weathers, correx is fluted, lightweight & easy to transport. Correx can also be drilled, so you can add cable ties to fix your board to railings/lamposts. Perfect for advertising any event.
Call us on 01900 68141 for prices.